Mr Henry Osborne

"WAGRAGOBILLY" Index

A rural locality between Brungle and Darbalara. A small village was laid gazetted for a general cemetery, Roman Catholic Church and parsonage. The villlage and parsonage did not eventuate, but a fine brick church was built and names St Dennis, Wagragobilly.

With declining attendance, the church closed. Some years ago the land was sold and subsequently the near derelict building turned into a private residence.

However, the cemetery at the rear is still used as a public cemetery. - (Ref- Small Cemeteries and Isolated Graves of the Tumut District.Tumut Family History Group Inc - 1999.)

LAND OWNERS

Index to Squatters and Graziers - Date Surname First Name Station Description Citation Remarks

1842 Wilson Wagra Henry Wilson Hutchinson Smythe Bourke NRS 906 [X818]; Reel 2748-2749, Page 19 Superintendent: Wilson. - (Ref- http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/indexsearch/searchform.aspx?id=70&new=1).

Mr Henry OSBORNE

Mr William John GIVNEY

HOWE John carpenter Wagra Brungle

KEEFE Denis farmer Wagra Brungle

KEEFE James farmer Wagra Brungle

KEEFE Michael farmer Wagra Brungle

KEEFE Patrick farmer Wagra Brungle

KELLY Daniel farmer --- Brungle

LEE Charles farmer --- Brungle

MULQUEENIE John farmer Wagra Brungle

MULQUEENIE Martin farmer Wagra Brungle

MULQUEENIE Patrick farmer Wagra Brungle

Messrs. Bourke Bros., the last of the families of the original selections at Wagragobilly, have sold their farm of 555 acres there to Mr. Hines, a cheese factory proprietor. - (Ref- The Tumut and Adelong Times (NSW : 1864 - 1867; 1899 - 1950)(about) Previous issue Tuesday 16 August 1927 Next issue Previous page Page 1).

This report is submitted in good faith. All endeavours have been made to make all entries authentic and correct. For any corrections and additional valuable information, maps and photos you may have please contact John

To Home