"RESERVES"

The Gundagai Pastures Protection Board controled about 295 aces in the following three reserves.

Travelling Stock Reserves were very well used particularly on the eastern side of the Tumut River. Owners of cattle and sheep used the Monaro Highway extensively to take their herds up to the high country for summer grazing and for their return at the start of the next winter.

"Janey's Reserve" - Portion No. ?

Situated on east side of the Tumut River acress from Tea Tree Reserve. A large one with good Tumut River access for stock to water.

"Tea Tree Reserve" - Portion No. ?

Situated on the West Blowering Road - between Leo Myers and Ross Vickery's properties. It was only a small one, but was handy when needed.

"Bowler's Flat Reserve"

Situated on both the river side and the higher eastern side of the Monaro Highway. Both joined Blowering Station and the Groves and Oddy properties on the southern side. The lower side had a good frontage to the Tumut River for fresh water. Very little tree for shade cover. Whilst the high side was sloping with trees for cover, but, didn't have any great water supply.So the herd that got the the gate first generally got the water for the nigh and the high side ones and to swape over in the morning for a drink, then continue on.

"Hampstead's Reserve"

There was a reserve on the eastern side of teh highway near Joe Hampstead's and Blowering Station. I think that it had a creek for water.

1891 - RESERVE FROM LEASE CANCELLED - TUMUT LAND DISTRICT.

Reserve 241 from lease for water supply, notified 9th May, 1877, county Wynyard, parish Wereboldera, 160 acres. Within the late resumed area of West Blowering Holding No. 18A., notified 11th July, 1885. - (Ref- Wagga Wagga Advertiser (NSW : 1874 - 1905)(about) Previous issue Saturday 15 August 1891 Page 4).

1894 - Land Notes. - (Gazette No. 30, Jan, IS.) - FORFEITED CONDITIONAL LEASE

Notice is given that the undermentioned conditional Lease and all-rights attached thereto, are hereby declared forfeited through breach of conditions; but for future shall not take effect until the expiration of thirty clear days after this notification:— Gundagai Land Districts.

3188:—Nicholas Carberry, 780 acres, section 52, county Buccleuch; parish of Bungongo, partly within resumed area of Cotway Holding No. 249:

3206— Commercial Banking Company, of Sydney, 81H acres, section 52, county Buccleuch, parish Bungongo not within that pastoral holding.

3227— Commercial Banking Company of Sydney, 405 acres, section 52, county Clarendon, parish Nangus, within resumed area of Nangus Holding No. 002a.

4583—Commercial Banking Company , of Sydney, 441 acres, section 52; county garden, parish Burra, not within any pastoral holding.

8319—Australian Joint Stock Bank, 640 acres, section 48, county Buccleuch, parish Childowla, not within any pastoral holding. Tumbarqmba Land District.;

S06—John Thomas Whitehead, 779 acres, section 82, county Selwyn, parishes Bingenbrong and Lea, partly within resumed area of Bringenbrong Holding No. 88a. 1563—Bank of Australasia, 750 acres, section 52, county Selwyn, parish Tooma, within resumed area of Tooma Holding No: 310.

Tumut Land District.

1090—Australian Joint Stock Bank, 281} acres, section 52, county Wynyard, parish Wereboldera, within resumed area of West Blowering Holding No. 18.

1091—Australian Joint Stock Bank, 420 acres, section 52, county Wynyard, parish Wereboldera, within resumed area of West Blowenng Holding No. 18. - (Ref- Wagga Wagga Advertiser (NSW : 1874 - 1905)(about) Previous issue Tuesday 16 January 1894 Page 4).

This report is submitted in good faith. All endeavours have been made to make all entries authentic and correct. For any corrections and additional valuable information, maps and photos you may have please contact John

Index